We are looking for a part-time Communications Director to help increase the awareness and visibility of Bering Church, streamline and improve the visual aesthetic of church communications, and engage current members, attendees, and prospective visitors.
Expectations for the Job
- Create and implement content and marketing deliverables to drive website visits, engagement, and in-person visits
- Create email newsletters and social media content to engage current members and attendees, as well as prospective members and visitors.
- Make regular website updates to ensure the website is always up-to-date and accurate for upcoming events, service times, etc.
- An extreme level of detail and quality of work to ensure projects can be completed on-time with minimal internal revisions
- Able to understand data to develop, suggest, and measure recommendations for marketing deliverables
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and a strong sense of follow-through
- Meet all project/task deadlines as given and keep in communication with supervisors if deadlines need to be changed
- Completion of other duties as assigned and not mentioned above
- Maintain Bering Church’s website and social media presence, including the production of posts, ads, and spotlight stories, tracking associated analytic metrics, and maintaining the online calendar of events. Monitor online conversations and participate in them to build brand visibility and supporter engagement.
- Willingness to receive feedback and work collaboratively on projects with Pastoral staff.
- Availability to work during Sunday morning worship services as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-4 years experience in marketing
- Experience with WordPress websites
- Experience with design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, or similar preferred
- Experience with email marketing systems, such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar
- Photography and light video editing for social media and website content is preferred
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Aside from meeting the qualifications, you must be comfortable working in a Progressive Christian environment that fully affirms the LGBTQ+ community and the broader work of social justice.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and examples of relevant past work to [email protected].